First and foremost, let me inform you about two things:
- I am not a shopping freak at all. To add on, the only "shopping" I do online is to buy movie tickets, train tickets, flight tickets, pay bills, buy books etc. Basically, 'need' based transaction or low risk transaction.
- This review is purely based on my interaction and experience and might be different from your experience.
One fine day, one of my luxurious need became my basic need - to buy a camera. As is always the case, I do a lot of research before buying things that, I consider, are slightly expensive. After a lot of in-depth research and budget constraints, I finalized on Canon Powershot SX-150 IS. Flipkart was providing it for Rs. 9695/- with some freebies. Other sites were providing the same for the same price without some freebies. I went to some shops and realized that the price is slightly higher than what's quoted online by e-tailers. Giving into a better deal albeit moderate risk prompted me to opt for online shopping.
I bought the camera from Flipkart.com!
Once I entered my debit card details and clicked on "Submit", the next screen I got had the following message: "The page cannot be displayed". Just a second later, I got a message on my cell: "You account has been debited Rs. 9695/-..". So, I lost my money and I have no idea if I bought the camera! After cursing my decision of buying online, I called up the toll-free number. To my utter surprise, after navigating through some numbers, the person who received my call called me by my name! Now, I know, technically, that's possible as they will have my number stored and when I call them, their system will provide my name along with the number. But, through all my toll-free talking experience, no-one has ever addressed me by name. Instead, they all would cross-verify to ensure that "I am me". But Flipkart did it. In marketing terms - Flipkart's moment of truth with the customer - Perfect!
They informed me that they have received the amount and the camera will be delivered within 2-4 working days. As was promised, it was delivered within 2 working days. So now the cycle has been completed, I paid - and I received! When I checked the invoice, I found that one item was missing. It was present on their website but on in the invoice. I contacted the customer service again. After verifying my claim, which took them a couple of minutes, they accepted it, apologized for it and promised to add an equivalent amount to my digital wallet within 1-2 days. I received the amount on my digital wallet and bought the remaining item from the site. Now the cycle has been fully completed.
1. I got what I paid for. The product is exactly what is shown on the website.
2. Much better customer service team.
3. Better tracking mechanism and updating the customer throughout the delivery via e-mail, sms and by tracking the order from their site.
1. They should ensure that the sales package contains everything they have mentioned on their website. I suggest an added level of cross-verifying. Though they provide an alternative, it is cumbersome for the customer to search for the remaining product and buy it separately. Else, they should have a system where an incomplete order should be completed from the back-end without having the customer's involvement.
Overall Experience: Not bad huh? If this is how online shopping goes, I am sure this is not the last time I will log on to Flipkart.