2012 came and went by in a flurry. 2013 is now upon us. Each and everyone of us will be subject to changes. Some will get married this year. Some will have kids. Someone will get a promotion. Someone will leave the current job for greener pastures. Someone will relocate. Some of your friends will start blogging and you will support them. Some of your friends will stop blogging (I hate this part). And for some, life will be the same as it was in 2012.
Socially, here's what I am interested to experience in 2013:
|Image courtesy: http://www.ereleases.com/|
- Cricket: I am eagerly waiting for India's home and away series in 2013 so that I can miss them and still remain content. Trust me, I used to be a big cricket fan. Once upon a time, I used to wake up at 2 in the morning to watch the India - West Indies test matches! But my priorities have now changed. Maybe thanks to soccer. But it doesn't matter to me anymore if India wins or loses, if the match is fixed, if Dhoni is removed as captain.
- Soccer: Lots to look forward to! My team Arsenal are going though mixed emotions as on date. We win convincingly, we lose tamely, we draw to opponents we should've won. But I love the experience. Sorry Cricket, Soccer has replaced you! It'll be interesting to see how the league table pans out. We are competing for a top 4 finish so that we enter the UEFA champions league.. again! Having said that, we are now not the team we used to be. Time to correct the wrongs this year.
- Formula-1: I hate the breaks between formula 1 seasons. I understand the break is needed to improve the car and be as competitive as the other cars. But why stop racing? Why not have a friendly racing season between, say, the top 4-5 drivers. It could be a 4-5 race friendly season. I, for one, would love to see Kimi Raikkonen in black and gold again! Speaking of Kimi, who know if this is the season for the Iceman!
- General Elections: We are politically in a precarious position. Our government is not able to manage the country and we are going through evils like corruption, atrocities against women etc. Expect a late surge to have early elections from certain factions in opposition and from unofficial 3rd front. That's the problem with having a coalition government. Don't expect the future to be different if the opposition forms the government next term - as there is no single largest party in India.
- Aam Aadmi Party: Honestly, I was never a huge fan of his anti-corruption movement. I may be a minority here, but I seriously felt there's an inner purpose to the movement or a hidden party behind the movement. I have lost many friends when I tried to reason why Kejriwal is doing all this for his personal political career. I am tracking his strategy. I won't be surprised if he tries to support one party at the cost of other. And the group will be the 3rd front as he seems to be strongly against Congress and BJP. We are in for an interesting 2013 in Indian politics.
Bloggers Park (My Blog):
- Parenthood: As most of you are aware, I became a father last October. My daughter's name is Jiana. And am living a life of a parent - thouroughly enjoying! Priorities will have to change now. I guess there won't be as much posts as I used to publish in 2012. There will be some posts on parenthood though! I will give it a try.
- Photo-Blog: I have realized that to keep my blog active, I just need to write a 1000 words per post. And what better than a picture - as it already speaks a 1000 words! Expect some random pics and their random explanations in this year.
- Book-Reviews: I had a habit of reading books. But I thought reviews were not my cup of tea. Until I started writing reviews. I will try to read as many books as possible and provide reviews for the same.
- Reading: I love reading blogs too. That one will continue this year as well. No changes here.
Lot's happening. Lot's yet to happen. Let the events begin!